Thursday, April 3, 2014

“The only real game, I think, in the world is baseball.” ~Babe Ruth

IMG_3259
First game of the season for grandson Elijah this evening as he gears up to play coach’s pitch baseball. His team is the Diamondbacks [Dbacks].
IMG_3263
He’s playing second base [mostly] again this season.
IMG_3275
He got a big hit that went all the way to the fence, but the other team was too quick and got him out before he hit second base.
IMG_3279
The Dbacks ended up getting clobbered by the other team 15-2, but there are plenty of games ahead to do better next time.

3 comments:

  1. Well, at least he got a hit! :) It can only get better from here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The D backs will get them next time! Elijah looks so determined in that 2nd picture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elijah told me the other day: "My team is lousy." Cracked me up. I told Neil what he said, and Neil said tonight, "I think he's right." That cracked me up, too. The team they played tonight had seven players who are on a traveling team or some such, so they practice and play constantly and have good hitters and good fielders. Hopefully, the Dbacks will manage to win a game or two this season if they play a team more like theirs in experience. It's all good, and it's all fun :)

    ReplyDelete