Saturday, September 30, 2017

“Ah, September! You are the doorway to the season that awakens my soul... but I must confess that I love you only because you are a prelude to my beloved October.” ― Peggy Toney Horton

September 16 ~ Had some fun playing around with my second roll of 'film' on Gudak ~ it's a fun but weird camera app for iPhone that resembles a disposable camera ~ you get 24 shots, no preview, only a tiny viewfinder, and after you hit the 'develop' button you're forced to wait 3 days before you can see the photos you snapped, just like in the olden days before digital
September 16 ~ so I walked around the house and yard, using up my 24 shots all at once
September 16 ~ the Gudak app adds random filters and such to your photos when they 'develop'
September 16 ~ Gudak strikes again ~ I remember some of my actual film pictures turning out like this way back when
September 16 ~ if you don't like what you end up with, I think you can 're-develop' your shots ~ 
September 16 ~ but sometimes you get something normal ~ [our hydrangeas took forever to bloom this year]
September 19 ~ helped pack food boxes (and again later this month) at Churches of Christ Disaster Relief Effort in Nashville ~ they're still getting requests for more boxes in the Houston area ~ these boxes also go to Louisiana and Florida ~ the manager of this organization said if they could drive to Puerto Rico they'd send boxes there, too 
September 19 ~ we've enjoyed some awesome sunsets this month
September 19 ~ 

“There are far, far better things ahead than any we leave behind.” 

~C.S.Lewis

September 19 ~
September 20 ~ I'm a cloud junkie
September 22 ~ my grandpeeps and I went pumpkin shopping on the first day of Autumn
September 22 ~
September 22 ~ granddaughter Shelby is on her high school swim team ~ she got her letterman jacket 
~ patches to be attached at a later date
September 22 ~
September 22 ~ David and Goliath
September 22 ~ yep, those are gigantic cheese graters ~ actually they're candle holders that look suspiciously like cheese graters ~ however, if I had a gigantic block of cheese, I could totally use one of these to grate it ~ finally used my gift card to the Market on the Square for these and also that nifty table runner ~ 
September 22 ~ inside my faux cheese graters are electric candles I got at Hobby Lobby (another gift card finally used) ~ whoever invented battery operated candles is a genius ~ and they have timers so they pop on and off when I want them to ~ an added bonus: they are vanilla scented
September 22 ~ grandson Knox with his spoils from the pumpkin market
September 22 ~ been to Ralph's lately? ~ apparently we have ~ they have pumpkin doughnuts [with cream cheese frosting] among other delicious goodies
September 23 ~ 
September 24 ~ mister mantis says hey
September 24 ~
September 24 ~
September 24 ~ Autumn sunsets are spectacular
September 28 ~ grandson Elijah's 6th grade band concert ~ he started playing flute last year in band ~ they all did a good job ~ lots of improvement since this time last year
September 28 ~
September 28 ~ man in black ~ after the concert
September 28 ~ with sister Shelby
September 28 ~ they really do like each other ~ most of the time
September 28 ~ David and Goliath painted in Waterlogue
September 29 ~ 
September 29 ~
September 29 ~
September 29 ~ today was the first time since Autumn officially began that it felt like Autumn
September 30 ~ grandson Knox 
September 30 ~ Knox and Grandpa ~ two monkeys in a tree
September 30 ~ are you down there, Pennywise?
September 30 ~ 
September 30 ~

“[T]hat old September feeling, left over from school days, of summer passing, vacation nearly done, obligations gathering, books and football in the air ... Another fall, another turned page: there was something of jubilee in that annual autumnal beginning, as if last year's mistakes had been wiped clean by summer.” 

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, Kelly!! Appreciate your support 😊❤️

      Delete
  2. I love that Gudak app! Very cool! Also love the stuff you got at The Market & Hobby Lobby. Congrats to Shelby on getting that letterman’s jacket! I enjoyed this post very much. ❤️🎃🍁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jane!! I do appreciate your encouraging comments 🤗❤️

      Delete