Monday, October 2, 2017

Once again participating in The Simple Woman's Daybook once-a-month post with Peggy Hostetler at http://thesimplewoman.blogspot.com

For Today
October 2 


Looking out my window ... I see a beautiful day in Autumn, my most favorite season in my most favorite month of all ~ October!
 

I am thinking ... this world is not my home; I'm just passing through.

I am thankful ... that I am a child of God, that I am in Christ, and that I am in a saved relationship with Him


One of my favorite things ... is photography. Too bad I can't make a living at it. If I only had a dollar for every sunset or cloud photo I've ever taken, I just might be a millionaire.

I am creating ... digital scrapbook/memory books for my grands. This is an ongoing process. They're growing up so fast. I am so far behind!

I am wearing ... shorts, T shirt. The calendar says Fall but the weather says Summer.

I am reading ... The Christian Atheist by Craig Groeschel. The tag line says, Believing in God but living as if He doesn't exist. Interesting, yes?

I am watching ... nothing. Especially not the "news". Of course I've heard about the tragedy in Las Vegas and read a bit about the shooter and some of the people who were killed. Beyond senseless. A young man from Tennessee was killed. He and his wife had been married for only a little over a year. She said he saved her life. Heartbreaking. 

I am listening to ... the clock ticking, truth be told. TV is not on. Hubby is in his man cave at the moment. House is quiet. Except for the ticking clock(s). Not a bad sound. Time is passing. Life is passing. Way too quickly. 

I am hoping ... and praying for minds open and hearts receptive to the Word. Before it's too late. The clock is ticking.

I am learning ... that I can't change people, that only God can do that.

In my kitchen ... we ate at Subway for supper this evening ...

In the school room ... the lights are out. It is Fall Break for the next two weeks here in our neck of the universe.

In my garden ... hydrangeas are blooming (I don't have an actual garden)

Board room ... from my FUNNY board on Pinterest, and here is the link if you want to take a peek:
https://www.pinterest.com/kayranft/funny/


Post Script ... here is a link to a fudge recipe that's titled 'The Easiest Peanut Butter Fudge Recipe Ever'
http://www.kentuckyatheart.com/the-easiest-peanut-butter-fudge-recipe-ever/
I haven't tried this recipe yet, but it sounds easy and yummy. Also included are easy 2-ingredient fudge variations. What's not to like?

Shared Quote ...
And as you walk your road, as you live your life, RELISH THE ROAD. And relish the fact that the road of your life will probably be a windy road. 
Suzan-Lori Parks

A moment from my day ... It's Fall Break. Grandson Knox and Hubby/Grandpa Neil both had the day off. We enjoyed some ice cream this Autumn afternoon in the sunshine.


Closing Notes ... 
If you enjoyed reading my daybook and would like to create one of your own, HERE is the link to the format, guidelines and complete list of prompts.
The November Simple Woman's Daybook edition will be posted by November 6th.
HAPPY FALL, Y'ALL!


8 comments:

  1. What a beautiful daybook... thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! Thanks for visiting and taking time to comment. Much appreciated!

      Delete
  2. I really enjoyed reading your Daybook and glad I found your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much!! So happy you stopped to look and leave me a comment!

      Delete
  3. I enjoyed your photos! That book that you're reading does look so interesting. I especially thought the watercolor photos were beautiful. It looks like you had a beautiful day with your grandson. Family is such a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by! And thanks for all your kind comments!

      Delete