Friday, September 18, 2015

THE MOST WONDERFUL TIME OF THE YEAR



 For me, this is the most wonderful time of the year -- when the pumpkins appear. We take the grandpeeps to a local farm produce stand and have a great time picking out pumpkins and gourds. This is one of my fave traditions. I think it's the first time grandson Knox joined us. He found a cute tiny pumpkin.
 Granddaughter Shelby gravitates toward the tiny ones, too, but she found a pretty white one to call her own.
 Grandson Elijah loves the gourds, the weirder the better ...
... like this one [which ended up coming home with me -- I like weird ones, too]
 Daughter Kelly chose an unusual green one -- not sure if it's a pumpkin or a gourd [maybe it's both]
 I go for the gnarly ones. These look like they're covered in peanut shells -- so wonderfully strange
 One of these days I'm going to buy one of these enormous pumpkins -- talk about Big Orange!
 These always make the best jack o lanterns
 I wonder if the inside is orange
"Have you come to sing pumpkin carols?" ~Linus, It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown
Granny's Little Pumpkins -- love 'em! I had a great time picking pumpkins with you all today!
Happy TGIF, y'all!

4 comments: