Tuesday, September 22, 2015

"Summer will end soon enough, and childhood as well." ~George R.R. Martin, Game Of Thrones

Had to snap pics as Neil and I walked around the block at lunch time yesterday. The sky was amazing.
 I should probably leave any camera at home when we go for walks but old habits die hard.
 Peeps and grandpeeps at my house after school yesterday. Beautiful day to be outside. Grandson Knox enjoyed a Nutty Buddy [after his dad removed the nutty part of it] [Daughter Kelly was working, not surfing] 
 Granddaughter Shelby brought her homework outside to the swing
 Knox brought me this pretty red leaf and told me I can add it to my leaf collection. I didn't know I had a leaf collection but I guess it's never too late to start one.
 Grandsons Elijah and Knox had a great time playing together on the trampoline and taking turns batting and pitching. Shelby decided to join them for some play time
 This afternoon Knox's Mother's Day Out hosted Cookies With Grandparents. I sure did enjoy sharing a chocolate chip cookie with him and his class and all the other grandpeeps. Neil was stuck at work and couldn't make it, but Knox sent him a cookie to enjoy at home.
 Elijah was excited to receive his prizes from school today for selling Smart Cards. He got a big pen that has different colors of ink, a whistle that is shaped like a mustache, and these crazy round glasses  [which I think was his fave item]. This is a good look for him don't you think? Reminds me of a walrus for some reason ....
 The leaves are already turning
 How can it already be the last day of Summer?
Summer should get a speeding ticket. I don't know who said this, but it's true. I'm not quite ready for the sun to set on summertime. The older I get, the harder it is to let go of those hot days and warm nights. But Autumn is good, too. It's all good.

Oh how we love pumpkin season. You did know this gourd-ish squash has its own season, right? Winter, Spring, Summer, Pumpkin.... We anxiously anticipate it every year. ~Trader Joe’s Fearless Flyer, October 2010

4 comments:

  1. Nice post for the last day of summer. I agree - summer should get a speeding ticket!! I cannot believe it is almost OCTOBER!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It'll be Christmas before ya know it!! Love these pics!! Elijah in those glasses cracked me up :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking the same thing tonight -- it'll be Christmas before we know it! Thanks for liking the pics. Yeah, that Elijah pic is hilarious. You should've seen him in person :)

      Delete