Saturday, November 1, 2014

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

IMG_4985
I truly enjoy Halloween. To me, besides the fourth of July, it’s the most fun holiday on the calendar, and I LOVE spending it with my family. They get a kick out of finding the perfect costumes, which makes Halloween even more fun. I carved my pumpkins this afternoon and found a heart inside this one. Who knew pumpkins have feelings, too? Well, they have seeds, anyway.
IMG_4989
Making chili for an undetermined amount of spooky peeps. I always make chili. I started this tradition when my kids were little. We’d always eat chili before going trick or treating.
IMG_4990
Halloween candy for an undetermined amount of spooks who may or may not come knocking at my door this wet, cold and windy Halloween night. [Actually, we had quite a few, even past nine thirty. I didn’t have much of this candy left by the time it was all over]
IMG_4993
I carved two pumpkins this year.
IMG_4994
I always carve a traditional jack o lantern face. I think it’s a law or something.
IMG_4997
The past year or two, I’ve enjoyed stringing up orange lights. This year I added some purple.
IMG_4998
Added some to the dining room, too, this year. Fun stuff.
IMG_5011
Grandson Knox dressed up like Tow Mater in the Cars movie ~ one of his fave things right now.
IMG_5012
Kimbrough peeps ~ Kerry, Knox and Kelly
IMG_5015
Hubby Neil dressed up like the serial killer Dexter.
IMG_5018
Would not be Halloween at the Ranft house without sister Jane and bro in law Don.
IMG_5019
Kerry in his glo-stick glasses
IMG_5021
Knox’s friend Addelyn came over to go trick or treating ~ she was dressed as Elsa from the movie Frozen [which it certainly felt like out there tonight]
IMG_5023
They were ready to get out there and gather candy
IMG_1028
Knox brought his wagon for the ride through the neighborhood
IMG_1043
Trick or Treat!
IMG_1044
Hand in hand
IMG_1045
They got back to the house with buckets full of treats. Knox really enjoyed the Halloween experience this year.
IMG_5030
Niece Julia was the cutest bunny I’ve ever seen [her sister Sarah made the costume for her]
IMG_5032
Cotton tail
IMG_5034
Niece Sarah was decked out in pink braids and a dress that had bunnies and kittens and unicorns all over.
IMG_5041
Granddaughter Shelby reminded me of Helen of Troy in her Greek goddess costume. [She and Julia froze to death trick or treating. There is snow in the forecast here tonight.]
IMG_5042
Grandson Elijah was the Winter Soldier from Captain America
IMG_5045
Friend of the family Anthony was just plain scary
IMG_5046
Daughter Holly was a lovely purple haired witch
IMG_5050
Chili for a chilly Halloween night
IMG_1053
Daughter Kelly with her good friend Kelly and their kiddos
IMG_1060
Shelby, Holly, Julia and Sarah
IMG_5051
Shelby, Holly, Julia, Sarah, and good friend of the family, Katelyn who dressed up as a deer
IMG_1057
Goddess and ghouls
IMG_1061
Dexter with his bloody machete
IMG_5052
Son in law Jerry dressed in camo and werewolf mask
IMG_5054
He lives to scare people on Halloween and does a good job of it, too ~ set up his duck/deer blind in the front yard and frightened trick or treaters half to death when they came over to look inside. Boo!
IMG_1025
“She looks like a deranged Easter Bunny,” was the quote of the evening when Julia got her hands of Dexter’s machete
IMG_1033
Witchy Woman and a cup of hot apple cider
IMG_1039
Bunny, goddess, deer ~ oh my
IMG_1041
Hey, it’s me pigging out on candy corn. I had such a good time tonight with my Halloween peeps. Looking forward to doing it all over again next year!
IMG_5056
Happy Halloween!!

No comments:

Post a Comment