Monday, July 28, 2014

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. ~Philippians 4:13

0728141140
Today is my 12th round of physical therapy since knee surgery. I’m glad to be able to say I’ve made lots of progress. I rarely use my cane. Healing is slow but steady. The PT ladies keep reminding me that surgery was only six weeks ago. You know, time heals all wounds, and apparently getting “back to normal” is going to take lots of time. They keep telling me I’m doing remarkably well, even though at times they can still bring tears to my eyes when they push my knee into doing something it does not want to do. And sometimes I feel like a circus sideshow. You should see me trying to stand on one leg (yep, the one with the “bad” knee) on a trampoline trying to throw and catch a ball either with a PT or as it bounces off another bouncy surface. I could sell tickets. I’ve come a long way with range of motion, but strength and balance are now the challenges. A few more rounds of PT are in store for me. I hope so, anyway, because I certainly need it. I was able to leg press 50 pounds of weight today ~ up from 30 pounds a week ago. That’s progress. Thanks to God! Couldn’t do it without Him!

2 comments:

  1. Wow!!! Awesome!!!! So surprised to see you drive by today but happy for progress!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Driving was kind of weird after so long :)

      Delete