Sunday, November 1, 2015

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

Of all the holidays, I LOVE Halloween the most [well, maybe with the exception of Fourth of July]. I enjoy all the traditions and just plain fun.
IMG_7628
IMG_7638
Grandson Knox dressed as Daniel Tiger
IMG_7643
Grandson Elijah was dressed as a creepy ‘evil lord’
IMG_7642
Elijah’s cousin Matthew’s costume was creepy, too, with glowing eyes
IMG_7645
I bought a ton of candy earlier this week before tonight’s weather forecast took a rainy turn.  I thought I’d end up with massive leftovers, but we had lots of trick or treaters in spite of the rain which fortunately didn’t last very long. We were very generous, giving it away in big handfuls ~ a very small amount left. Yay!
IMG_7648
My sister Jane made these to-die-for pumpkin spice cupcakes. Thanks, Jane! This treat made my day.
IMG_7649
Niece Julia and granddaughter Shelby putting finishing touches on their costumes
IMG_7652
Shelby dressed up as Minnie Mouse …
IMG_7664
… and so did her cousin Sarah ~ how’s that for a coincidence?
IMG_7661
Julia was a ballerina ~ I always enjoy discovering the creative costumes my family comes up with every Halloween ~ [they never tell me what they’re going to be]
IMG_7657
I made chili [a Halloween tradition since my girls were little trick or treaters] Around this table are Neil, Knox, Kelly, Julia, Holly, Elijah and Matthew
IMG_7659
We had fourteen here tonight ~ around the dining room table Holly, Shelby, Jane, and Don ~ Jane and Don and I stayed at the house, handed out candy, and watched the Tennessee/Kentucky game [which UT won big time]
IMG_7666
Jane also made these Nutter Butter ghosts dipped in white chocolate with milk chocolate eyes ~ very cute and totally yummy ~ in true ghostly style, these vanished before you could say Boo!
IMG_7668
Son in law Jerry in his camo/wolfman costume ~ truly scary
IMG_1724
Jane and her delicious cupcakes [Thanks again, Jane, for taking the time to make desserts! And thanks a million for washing dishes!! That was a huge help!!]
IMG_1735
Trick or treaters braved the rain and went door to door, although Neil, Sarah, Katelyn, Julia, Shelby, and Jerry didn’t actually do any trick or treating
IMG_7350
The Minnies Shelby and Sarah in a tug of war over Mickey ~ he never had it so good
IMG_7361
Daniel Tiger Knox and his friend Batgirl Addelyn had a great time collecting candy
IMG_7682
Elijah’s stash
IMG_7672
Halloween cousins ~ Elijah, Sarah, Julia, Shelby, and Knox
IMG_7669
Halloween group shot ~ from top~ Sarah, Katelyn, Julia, Shelby, Matthew, Elijah, Knox, and Addelyn ~ I had the best time with all my Peeps tonight! Long live the Halloween tradition!

2 comments:

  1. So happy to be included in this great Halloween tradition! Something to look forward to every year! Knox almost gets lost in that cousins pic - he's so little and he blends in with Sara's red skirt. :) Cute one of Sarah & Shelby "fighting" over Mickey! Thanks again! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Knox does blend in. I meant to credit Kelly for the trick or treating pictures. The Minnies tugging on Mickey is very cute. I'm glad you all join us for Halloween, Jane. It wouldn't be the same without you! :)

      Delete