Tuesday, January 14, 2014

West Side Deli


0114141229a
Neil and I had lunch today with daughter Kelly, son in law Kerry and grandson Knox at West Side Deli, located appropriately on the old West Side of town in a narrow hole in the wall with industrial strength décor that’s pretty cool. They had already tried it and liked it, so we gave it a shot. The menu states that it’s “A New York-Style Deli”. I’ve never been to New York, so I’ll have to take the menu's word for it. They serve up an array of choices ~ soups, salads, sandwiches, wraps, hot dogs, a burger or two and other goodies like chicken parmesan, flatbread pizza and fettuccine alfredo with chicken. It's a bit pricey, but then it's not McDonald's, so there you go.
0114141224
I enjoyed the turkey and avocado wrap [safe choice] and macaroni salad. [FYI~the glass of beer belongs to son in law Kerry~honest] It was a huge meal I could have easily shared and still been filled up [especially when you’re used to Slim Fast for lunch].
0114141229b
Grilled cheese for grandson Knox, served up with a big helping of Thomas the Trains. Thanks, kids, for introducing Neil and me to somewhere new [which we never do]. It was fun. Maybe next time the meat and three won’t be so crowded. And now I can say I’ve been to New York. Sort of.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like good eats. Kudos for trying something new!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cookeville is getting all kinds of cool little eateries.

    ReplyDelete