Tuesday, November 13, 2018

The Rest of October

October 18 ~ grandson Knox scored all As on his first first grade report card
October 19 ~ hubby Neil still at it, working to make that old floor as level as possible for the new floor
October 19 ~ Neil and grandpeeps Elijah, Knox, and Shelby after school
October 19 ~ at Ocha, our fave Thai food restaurant ~ from left: Knox, Elijah, Kelly, Ella Rose, Shelby, and Neil ~ this was one of Ella Rose's first outings
October 23 ~ Elijah and Shelby after school
October 23 ~ an apple a day....
October 23 ~ a neighbor's maple tree showing its true colors
October 25 ~ couch, loveseat, two recliners off to the upholstery shop ~ slowly moving things out to make way for the new floor
October 27 ~ Neil and I went to the Big One, the October flea market at the Nashville Fairgrounds ~ we normally go on Friday but ended up going Saturday ~ the weather was foul--wet and cold--and the traffic was brutal ~ I've never seen so much traffic in all our days of attending this flea market, even the Big One in October ~ traffic backed up everywhere around the fairgrounds ~ we were forced to park probably a mile away and walked in--at least we didn't have to pay the five bucks for parking, a small consolation ~ by this time we were both irritated and aggravated and wet and so not in the mood to fight the crowd much less look at anything ~ we were in the market for something we could use as a TV stand but no luck there ~ we did find a great little side table we could use ~ it was a nice bargain price ~ toting it between us, we hiked back to the truck, glad to be out of the crazy ~
I usually take a load of pictures but just not in the mood this time
Saw this pine box coffin ~ love the sign on it ~ For Sale, To Go Box
The weirdness at the flea market is remarkable

October 27 ~ Made it back in time from the flea market to watch granddaughter Shelby's high school swim team's Swim-A-Thon, a fundraising event ~ Sadly, I missed it, but Neil went and snapped some pictures of her swimming ~ she's a water baby for sure

She's a senior so this is her last year on the swim team
October 27 ~ Elijah went deer hunting with his dad ~ I'm not a morning person either ~ I borrowed this picture from Jerry ~ it was too good not to share
October 28 ~ Trunk or Treat in our church building parking lot, an annual event ~ Neil's clown mask scared the living daylights out of some of the kids ~ one little girl screamed when she saw him, poor kid
Daughter Holly and my sister Jane handed out bowls of candy ~ we had a big turnout and were done before dark
October 29 ~ Autumn leaves ~ I think October has the bluest skies

October 29 ~ across the street from our backyard, maple trees on Maple Avenue

October 30 ~ Every time Neil and I eat lunch on the deck, this bee flies around us ~ annoying to say the least when you're trying to eat your PB&J ~ this time it found this Dr. Pepper can to explore instead of dive-bombing us

October 30 ~ I love holding sweet baby Ella Rose

October 30 ~ my sister Jane's 57th (!) birthday celebration ~ we're butchering the Birthday Song which explains her laughter

October 31 ~ Halloween ~ always a fun time with the family ~ I posted our Halloween pictures before this post, so check them out here:  https://krhunkydory.blogspot.com/2018/10/happy-halloween-2018.html

End of October
I always hate to see it go

"I'm so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers. It would be terrible if we just skipped from September to November, wouldn't it?..." ~Lucy Maud Montgomery (1874–1942), Anne of Green Gables, 1908

5 comments:

  1. October is my favorite month...well, except for December, which I also love..and April, which is my birthday month...and June, because of the roses....You must be getting so ready for a new floor. We did our kitchen floor last year and it was more difficult than we thought it would be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We finally got the new floor installed. I hope to post a picture or two soon. Yes, we were beyond ready! Took way longer than we ever imaged.
      Thanks for your comments! I visit your blog often and always enjoy your posts.

      Delete
  2. I love your October pictures! Such a fun-filled month! Would love to see more from the flea market - always one of my fav posts! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jane! I think I took all of three pictures at the flea market this time. I hope we can go again sometime before Nashville takes it away.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete