Thursday, November 22, 2018

HAPPY THANKSGIVING! 2018

The Foys (Jane, Don, Sarah, and Julia) hosted Thanksgiving this year. Bro-in-law Don made some seriously yummy gravy.
Julia's side work ~ made the forks, knives, and napkins look elegant
Sarah crafted beautiful centerpieces ~ fresh flowers in mason jars all wrapped up in patterned cloth and twine. She also made clay votives, painted white with gold stars. She gifted these to us to take home and enjoy. Thanks, Sarah!
The food. Oh, the food! The delicious food!! 
Don cooked a turkey that was fall-off-the-bone tender. Ann made the dressing using our mom's recipe, the best on the planet. Holly made deviled eggs, always yummy. Jane's sweet potato casserole is to die for.
Ann made her delicious broccoli casserole, Holly's green beans were awesome, I made garlic cheese grits--so glad y'all enjoy them--and Jane made sweet potatoes topped with marshmallows, just like our mom used to make. 
Kelly's fruit salad was so good and one of my faves. Two kinds of cranberry sauce--I like the one with the whole berries the best.
Jane ~ the hostess with the mostest ~ everything was perfect ~ thanks again for hosting this year!
Let the feasting begin! From left: Holly, Ann, Sarah, Elijah, Terry, Kelly, Julia, and Shelby
Everything was so good! Neil and I both agreed that this feast was the best one ever.
The old folks' table ~ from left: Jane, moi, Ann, Terry, and Don (Neil took this pic)
The ladies' table ~ from left: Julia, Sarah, Holly with Ella Rose (her first Thanksgiving), Shelby, and Kelly
The guys' table ~ from left: Elijah, Jerry, Kerry, and Knox

Ella Rose's first Thanksgiving

So cute in her pink sweater

She didn't get to enjoy the turkey feast this year, but she loved being held by all her aunts and cousins.
Sister love!
Perfect day to be outside ~ blue sky and sunshine, not too chilly
Terry and Jerry soaking up some rays
This is what Don was up against trying to take a family group shot.
Give thanks and eat pie ... and cake ~ my sampler platter ~ Jane made pumpkin pie and pecan pie, Kelly made chocolate pie (Knox helped), Kerry made chess cake (Knox helped), and the rum cake was from a sweet friend ~ and yes, I ate the whole thing. And it was good.
Enjoyed sitting around the fire later
We have so much to be thankful for, especially family.
Happy Thanksgiving!

"I ate too much turkey,
I ate too much corn,
I ate too much pudding and pie,
I'm stuffed up with muffins
and much too much stuffin',
I'm probably going to die.

I piled up my plate
and I ate and I ate,
but I wish I had known when to stop,
for I'm so crammed with yams,
sauces, gravies, and jams
that my buttons are starting to pop.

I'm full of tomatoes
and french fried potatoes,
my stomach is swollen and sore,
but there's still some dessert,
so I guess it won't hurt
if I eat just a little bit more."
-    Jack Prelutsky, I Ate Too Much

6 comments:

  1. It was a great day! Just seems to always go by too fast. We enjoyed hosting and are grateful we could all be together. Thanks for putting together these photo memories! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Enjoyed the day. It did go by too fast! Love you, too!

      Delete
  2. We enjoyed being with everyone yesterday! All the pictures are great and thanks for putting a smile on T’s face, ha ��

    ReplyDelete