Tuesday, January 16, 2018

My January 2018 Post for the Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today
January 16, 2018

created and hosted by Peggy Hostetler at http://thesimplewoman.blogspot.com


Looking out my window... It's snowing! And cold!! 15 degrees right now at 1:40 PM. Low tonight ZERO.
Cardinal and Woodpecker dine together at the full bird feeder. I think they saw me with my camera pointed at them. Looks like they paused to pose for a picture.

I am thinking... no one should be outside today, but I'm sure the snow sleds are calling the kids (and probably some fun-loving adults) to play in the snow.

I am thankful... for warmth. Heat pumps don't pump much heat on days like today. So thankful for our gas fireplace without which we would freeze.


One of my favorite things... Watching snow fall

I am creating... storage space for the things I actually use. It's a great feeling to purge your life of things you don't need, want, or use.

I am wearing... jeans, t-shirt, thick fuzzy socks, and my old but warm and comfy booties

I am reading... the Bible every day -- following our congregation's schedule for daily readings in the New Testament. Also, reading through the Old Testament this year using a schedule on one of the Bible apps on my iPad. Love these Bible apps and having access to study guides, commentaries, reading plans, and a whole lot of different translations.

I am watching... The X-Files, the new season 11. I love this show.

 I am listening to... at the moment, a shuffle of my tunes on iTunes

I am hoping... Neil can make it home from work without slip sliding into a ditch

I am learning... God is in control

In my kitchen... left over soup tonight or maybe BLTs and tomato soup

In the school room... Snow Day! They probably won't go the rest of the week

In my garden... if I had a garden, which I don't, it would be buried in snow right now

Board room... from my Inspirational board on Pinterest ... 
This one speaks volumes to me, literally and figuratively
https://www.pinterest.com/kayranft/inspirational/

Post Script... 

Crazy Love

 The Official Instagram Page of Crazy Love
https://www.instagram.com/crazylove/
worth a look

Shared Quote...

A moment from my day... not today but January 5, hubby Neil, daughter Kelly, grandsons Elijah and Knox, and granddaughter Shelby (and moi) enjoyed the yummy ice cream at the Lazy Cow Creamery ice cream shop here in town -- good times!

Closing Notes... The snow has stopped falling. Sure was beautiful while it lasted. Hope you are somewhere warm.

If you enjoyed reading my daybook and would like to create one of your own, HERE is the link to the format, guidelines and complete list of prompts.

8 comments:

  1. Fun! Enjoyed reading it! Cute pic of the birds. They do seem to be posing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos of the snow and of the birds. And the fireplace is beautiful. I enjoyed your daybook!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, love redbirds and loved your picture. I also loved the stories told through the other pictures. I will be back to visit again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Pat! You just made my day :)

      Delete
  4. I love reading Daybook entries. So nice to share life with others.
    I love the photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for taking time to read my day book, Annie. Thanks for the compliment! To me, the photos are the best part of a daybook post. I agree, it's fun to take a peek into the lives of others, Hope you'll visit again sometime soon :)

      Delete